The D-020 Combination Air Valve is a multi-functional device that integrates an air and vacuum orifice with an air release orifice in a single body. This valve is specifically engineered to function efficiently with liquids containing solid particles, such as wastewater and effluents.
During the filling or charging of the system, the combination air valve expels air (gases), while it allows air to enter the system while it's being emptied of liquid. Additionally, the valve facilitates the release of accumulated air (gases) from the system when it is under pressure and in operation.
The valve's innovative design separates the liquid from the sealing mechanism, ensuring optimal working conditions. This design feature enables the valve to function effectively in harsh liquid environments, reducing the risk of clogging or blockages caused by solid particles.
- Specially designed to operate with liquids carrying solid particles such as wastewater and effluents.
- Unique "air gap" design enables the separation of the liquid from the sealing mechanism and assures optimum working conditions.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- Available in flange sizes: 50mm – 200mm (2"- 8").
- The 50mm valve is also available with a threaded BSP or NPT connection. These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Lower valve body made of Steel St. 37.
- Upper body, cover and internal parts made of corrosion- resistant composite materials and EPDM rubber.
- Internal metal parts made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- Air valve also available in stainless steel.
- Working pressure range: 0.05-16 bar.
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- Additional one-way options for air intake/discharge only as well as an additional non-slam option.
- Install at pump stations for sewage, wastewater & water treatment plants and on wastewater, effluent water and sea water supply lines.