- Negligible head loss
- Simple maintenance
- Field replaceable measuring unit
- Hermetically sealed register with glass lens
- Bearings are constantly flushed during operation to eliminate deposit of solids
- Optional electrical output: EV (Volume) or EF (Rate of Flow)
- Compatible with Dialog automatic reading system
Dose-O-Mat is an automatic metering valve comprising a water meter, a volume control dial and a valve in a single body. The device is normally closed. Upon setting the required volume on the dial the internal valve opens, the set volume is delivered and then the valve shuts down automatically.
The Dose-O-Mat line of automatic metering valves provides a reliable and economical solution for a wide variety of irrigation applications. A variety of models and sizes are available to meet virtually any operational requirements and budget.
The desired quantity is set using the volume control dial, according to local crop and soil. The valve automatically closes once the pre-set quantity of water has passed through the unit.
Dose-O-Mat units of sizes 40mm and larger, contain hydraulic valves and may be installed either as single points of control or in groups that are operated in sequence.
Operation is extremely simple, it does not require skilled labour or intensive training.
Operating and Start-up instructions
Note: there must be available flow through the Dose-O-Mat valve and system to check and adjust valve. Insure that a downstream demand is created by opening field valves, sprinklers, etc. Please verify that the unit is installed according to the flow direction! (arrow on the top of the body).
- Close main valve by fully turning setting knob (on top of valve) counter-clockwise until dial face is on zero exactly in front of the body arrow and clicks.
- Open fully the upstream gate valve but open the downstream gate valve only slightly (if applicable). Main valve should remain closed.
- Slowly turn setting knob (on top of valve); turn it counter-clockwise to the desired volume on the dial face aligning the desired volume with arrow on the valve body.
- Open the downstream gate valve fully (if applicable) and valve should open completely for normal operation.